Enjoy an evening enriched by Hawaii's culture, history, food, and dance with Aloha Kai Luau!
Going to Aloha Kai Luau on the East side of Oahu only 25 minutes from Waikiki allows a great opportunity to see what is outside of Honolulu and Waikiki and go to the scenic southeastern coast.
Aloha Kai Luau is located at Sea Life Park which is a marine mammal park, bird sanctuary, and aquarium. Sea Life Park is Hawaii's best wild life marine park & aquarium. You can either drive yourself or you can be escorted via tour bus while you enjoy the interesting and entertaining commentary by the driver. Some of the places you will pass are on the way to Aloha Kai Luau are Diamond Head, Koko Head, Hanauma Bay, Lanai Lookout, Halona Blowhole, Sandy Beach, Makapuu Beach, and Makapuu lighthouse. Again, Just 25 minutes from Waikiki which is much closer than other luaus where you have to get on the highway and drive up to 90 minutes, the luau setting is worth the short journey - Enjoy Oahus highest sea cliffs towering behind with moonlit skies reflecting off to Deep blue Pacific Ocean in your front view.
Upon arrival you will be greeted with either a shell or flower lei greeting and if you choose the Gold package a Mai Tai! Before the luau, enjoy taking photos of the grounds surroundings as the sun sets and visit the many cultural activity stations, including learning to hula dance, lei making, headband weaving, ukulele playing, and temporary Polynesian tattoos.
There is a buffet that showcases a variety of island foods which include local fish, kalua pork, which is from our Imu Ceremony that is cooked all day in an underground hot stone stove, and tropical desserts. The authentic native Imu cooking ceremony is only offered by a couple luaus and is a must see. Aloha Kai Luau also offers vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and nut free options. Enjoy the bar that includes specialty tropical cocktails such as Mai Tais, local craft beer, wine, and more.
You will engage and learn about the history and culture of Polynesia as our show takes you to different Pacific Islands through an exciting evening of entertainment, full of performances and live music.
Performances during the show portion will take you on a journey through Hawaii and broader Polynesia, both past and present. Highlights include an exciting War dance, beautiful hula dancing, and of course the best fire dancing in Oahu, with hilarious commentary and audience participation throughout the show. Take away lasting memories and a newfound appreciation for Hawaii and the culture.
Some of the reasons to choose Aloha Kai Luau over others are..
Location, Location, Location! VOTED BEST LUAU LOCATION ON OAHU!
Enjoy the breathtaking outdoor setting, whereas other luau locations especially in Waikiki include an indoor hotel ballroom, a rooftop garage adjacent to a noisy streets or Aloha Tower where you will look at container ships.
- Aloha Kai Luau is a smaller more intimate setting compared to other luaus which can hold up to 1000 people.
- If You are staying in Waikiki, the travel time is less than half the travel time of than luaus in Ko Olina or the west coast which can be more than 1 hour EACH way, or the Polynesia Cultural Center (1-1.5 hours EACH way). You also stay off the H1 Highway which offers the 2nd worst traffic in the United States. You make the most out of your Hawaii time by choosing Aloha Kai Luau and it is the Best Luau so it is a Win Win!
- We offer transportation for $30 which is almost ½ the price of some of the other luaus ($39 per person) so you can enjoy your drinks and again make the most of your Hawaii time. It is also important to mention that some of the "Mega" luaus take more of your time because there are more people at the luau which means long wait lines for drinks and longer waits to be picked up for transportation.
- Alcohol is served at Aloha Kai Luau unlike some luaus.
- Depending on which package you choose you can enjoy Sea Life Park before the luau by driving yourself or choosing early transportation.
- Malu Productions which is the TOP production company in Hawaii and is an award-winning company that has been providing entertainment services for 23 years.
Some of the past clients with Malu Productions include Angelina Jolie, Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively, Lionel Richie, Van Halen, Snoop Doggy Dog, Steven Segal, Kimora Lee Simmons, U2, Adam Sandler (Who filmed parts of 50 First Dates at Sea Life Park!), Rob Schneider, Don Cheadle, , Elite XC, and Rumble World Entertainment.